Upcoming Webinar: Supporting First Nation-Centred Research & Meaningful Collaboration
Join CHILD-BRIGHT’s final 2019 Summer Learning Series webinar!
When: Thursday, August 22, 2019
Time: 9:00 – 10:00 am PST / 12:00 – 1:00 pm EST
This free webinar is open to all those interested in learning more about topics related to patient-oriented research (POR). This session will:
- Introduce some of the key historical, contextual, and ethical considerations when considering research involving First Nations peoples and populations
- Explore the importance of integrating both Indigenous and Western knowledge in research approaches
- Discuss the First Nation principles of ownership, control, access, possession (OCAP)
- Use the project, “Prenatal Opioid Exposure and Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome: A Research Project with Indigenous People in Ontario First Nations”, as a case study to illustrate how these concepts are embedded into research
- Share perspectives on patient-oriented research as Indigenous researchers and community members.
For more information, and to register click here.
BC SUPPORT Unit Training & Events
The BC SUPPORT Unit offers a number of ongoing training opportunities and events. Visit their website to find out more.